DIRECTOR OF ECONOMIC STUDIES IN THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR, SECRETARIAT OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor’s Degree in Commercial Relations, specialized in Agricultural Trade.
Graduated from the Superior School of Commerce and Administration at Tepepan, in Mexico City, of the National Polytechnic Institute of Mexico.
Thesis: “PITEX, The Program of Temporary Imports of Materials for Local Processing and Exporting” 1997.
Entered the Mexican Government in 2000 and since then has occupied diverse positions of responsibility in the areas of International Cooperation in the Agricultural Sector:
- Executive Liaison of the General Direction of International Affairs at the Secretariat of Agriculture of Mexico with Agricultural Offices from Embassies Accredited in Mexico
- Head of the Department of International Economic Foment at the General Direction of International Affairs of the Secretariat of Agriculture of Mexico.
- Chief of Staff of the General Coordinator of International Affairs at the Secretariat of Agriculture of Mexico.
- Main achievements:
- Member of diverse Delegations of the Secretariat of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the Mexican Government, attending International Negotiations related to International Cooperation for Development, Climate Change in Agriculture, Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture, Extension of Agricultural Innovations, Research and Development, Biotechnology, and Public Policy for Food Security.
- Head of the team in charge of the Halal Certification Program for packing houses, slaughterhouses and food processing plants at the Secretariat of Agriculture in Mexico. The Program has certified nearly 100 food processing plants under Halal International Standards to export food products to Muslim Majority Countries.