The North American Agricultural Advisory Network (NAAAN) promotes engagement among Canadian, Mexican, and U.S. agricultural and rural development advisory services and their counterparts worldwide.
The NAAAN is a North American platform among advisory services organizations, including government extension services, promoting and supporting innovation, knowledge utilization, and information sharing across rural and urban landscapes in Canada, Mexico, and the United States. NAAAN shares North American best practices and facilitates learning from global best practices.
COMING SOON: NAAAN MAPPING STUDY AND REPORT
The NAAAN, in partnership with the United States Department of Agriculture, will publish a report titled “Feeding North America through Agricultural Extension: A Report from the North American Agricultural Advisory Network (NAAAN)” in the Fall of 2022. This publication will include a history of extension in North America and information gathered in the 2021 NAAAN survey of over 500 participants in Canada, Mexico, and the United States. The report will inform future NAAAN programming and the work we will do collectively across the three countries.
NAAAN is an affiliate of the Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services (GFRAS) based on broad consultation with:
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Mexico’s Secretariat of Agriculture and Rural Development (SADER)
- Association of Public and Land Grant Universities (APLU)
- USDA’s National Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA)
- Extension Committee on Organization and Policy (ECOP) of the U.S. Cooperative Extension System
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Key agricultural stakeholders in Canada, Mexico, and the U.S.
PARTNER WITH US
The NAAAN focuses on information sharing and welcomes partners to:
- Build upon existing extension and advisory best practices
- Provide a forum for discussion of agricultural extension
- Build and expand relationships with shared learning and programming
- Expand opportunities for extension practitioners and stakeholders to have more exposure to the richness and diversity of the North American experience
- Accelerate information sharing in a changing environment for food production and security
To get involved, e-mail NAAAN at email@example.com.